Best-in-class tools for real-world Performance
With Dassault Systèmes’ Structure Simulation Software developers and simulation experts get best-in-class tools to improve real-world performance. The available set of solutions include the well-known and established products:
With its initial release back in 1978 Abaqus delivers a complete solution for Realistic Simulation of both routine and sophisticated engineering problems covering a vast spectrum of industrial applications. The implicit solver Abaqus/Standard employs techniques for static and low-speed dynamic events where highly accurate stress solutions are critical.
Abaqus/Explicit is a finite element analysis product that is particularly well-suited to simulate brief transient dynamic events such as consumer electronics drop testing, automotive crashworthiness, and ballistic impact.
The results at any point within an Abaqus/Explicit run can be used as the starting conditions for continuation in Abaqus/Standard. Similarly, an analysis that starts in Abaqus/Standard can be continued in Abaqus/Explicit. This flexibility is unmatched in any other finite element solution and opens the door to most accurate simulation of real-world behaviour.
- Robust implicit nonlinear analysis procedures including stress-displacement, direct integration structural dynamics, heat transfer, thermal stress, pore fluid diffusion, and more.
- Efficient explicit dynamics solver that includes mass scaling, selective subcycling, Coupled Eulerian-Lagrangian (CEL) modeling, smooth particle hydrodynamics (SPH), and discrete element method (DEM).
- State-of-the-art linear dynamics framework that includes high performance eigensolvers, transient dynamics, steady-state dynamics, random response, and response spectrum procedures.
- Comprehensive library of materials for modeling metals, polymers, composites, concretes, soils, biological tissues, and more.
- Easy-to-use general contact capability for modeling complex interactions between large assemblies of parts.
- Specialized analysis techniques including submodeling, substructuring, matrix generation & usage, restart, hydrostatic fluid cavities, inertia relief, progressive element activation, solution mapping, and adaptive remeshing.
- High-performance solvers that have been optimized to minimize simulation turnaround time on modern multi-core compute environments including GPU acceleration.
fe-safe is the durability analysis software within Dassault Systèmes’ SIMULIA Brand. In contrast to the traditional approach of manually picking design stresses for spreadsheet analysis fe-safe focuses on modern multiaxial strain-based fatigue methods. It directly captures finite element results from Abaqus and other FEA-tools like Ansys, Nastran or Pro/Mechanica for the most realistic calculation of fatigue-life – regardless of the complexity of your model and loading-conditions. Special solutions for fatigue analysis of elastomers and for seam, structural and spot welded joints as well as for thermomechanical fatigue with consideration of creep-fatigue interaction are also available.
By using fe-safe you will be able to
- Increase the fatigue life of safety critical components
- Optimize designs to use less material
- Reduce product recalls and warranty costs
- Optimize and validate design and test programs
- Improve correlation between test and analysis within a single user interface
- Reduce prototype test times
- Speed up analysis times, thereby reducing man-time hours
- Increase confidence that product designs pass physical test schedules as “right-first-time”
- Reduce reliance on physical testing
The Tosca optimization suite provides fast and powerful structural and flow optimization solutions based on FEA and CFD simulations. Tosca optimization suite consists of two products: Tosca Structure is used for optimized structural designs and Tosca Fluid provides optimized fluid flow design concepts.
Tosca Structure delivers powerful optimization solutions for design of lightweight, stiff, and durable parts and assemblies within shorter development cycles to maximize performance, minimize material and weight, and discover new design possibilities. Tosca Structure offers functionalities for topology, shape, bead and sizing optimization.
Tosca Fluid enables topology optimization-driven design concepts for fluid flow systems and components. Use its capabilities to create innovative design ideas automatically for a defined flow task and available package space. Tosca Fluid’s unique technology helps you achieve the highest flow performance, quality and eco-efficiency.
- Tosca Structure.topology helps find the design e.g. with maximum stiffness or minimum weight
- Tosca Structure.sizing helps reduce mass through optimized sheet thickness
- Tosca Structure.shape helps reduce local stresses and increase durability
- Tosca Structure.bead helps increase stiffness or eigenfrequency of sheet metal structures
- All optimization modules are capable to minimize or maximize additional design responses or to consider them as constraints.
- Tosca Structure.morph helps make quick and easy mesh geometry changes for faster design decisions
- Tosca Structure.nonlinear allows to use nonlinear FEA results within the optimization
- Tosca Structure.durability allows to use durability/fatigue results for shape optimizations with Tosca Structure.shape
- Tosca Fluid.topology provides topology optimization of channel flow to reduce pressure drop
Tosca Structure capabilities are also available as part of the 3DEXPERIENCE Simulation portfolio delivering durability simulation on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform. This enables engineers to utilize Tosca technology for the development of optimized structures with Functional Generative Design.
Isight provides simulation process automation and design optimization solutions that enable users to reduce analysis time and costs while improving product performance, quality and reliability. When used in conjunction with the SIMULIA Execution Engine (SEE), Isight customers can build a web-based framework for distributing the execution of simulation processes across the enterprise to optimize computing resource and to enable collaboration among geographically distributed users.
Isight and SEE capability are also available as part of the 3DEXPERIENCE Simulation portfolio in different Roles and options which deliver process automation, management, publication and democratization on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
- Isight is the industry-leading process automation and design optimization solution from Dassault Systèmes SIMULIA
- SIMULIA Execution Engine provides state-of-the art technology for distributing and parallelizing simulation process flows in a high-performance manner that helps utilize a company’s existing hardware and software investments.
Abaqus Unified FEA
Abaqus, fe-safe, Tosca and Isight are licensed by a single scalable simulation scheme called Extended Tokens to cover the needs of various users with different skills, to handle their smallest as well as their largest models, to efficiently utilize the available compute resources (including the Cloud), and to solve the needed volume of simulation computation.
Requirements to reduce noise and vibration are becoming stricter due to environmental legislation, new lightweight materials and constructions, detectability, fatigue, consumer expectations and competitive pressures.
With Wave6 you find a way to characterize the complex sources acting on your systems (including complex unsteady flow sources). The software enables you to diagnose and rank the various transmission paths of noise through the system. This is achieved with accurate models of the frequency dependent dissipation and isolation that arises from poroelastic noise control treatments and structural isolators. Wave6 provides unique Analysis Methods for efficiently and accurately simulating noise and vibration across the entire audible frequency range. Using Wave6 ensures that noise and vibration performance is built into your product at the design stage, which reduces the risk of discovering expensive noise and vibration problems during the physical prototyping process.
© pictures: Dassault Systèmes